Meeting of Minds

There had been concerns raised and questions asked when this year’s Annual Convention for the Follicly Challenged was to be held in mid-July at Camber Sands.

Some thought it was due to the Chairman of the Board fancying a summer holiday, but the smart money was on it having something to do with the new sponsorship deal with tanning cream giants AmbreSolaire.

Still, it was nice to get out and sit and converse in groups with other like-headed chaps.

Unfortunately from a distance their gathering had the undesired effect of looking like a half dozen box of eggs.

This flash fiction/short story, call it what you will, was written for Friday Fictioneers.

Thanks to Rochelle as ever for hosting, and Todd Foltz for this week’s photo prompt. Click here to read this week’s stories from other writers around the world.

32 thoughts on “Meeting of Minds

1. MrBinks says:

Thanks so much, Rochelle.

The recordings are super simple – though it probably helps that my profession is digital marketing. I’m just using my phone to record audio (because I’m doing it on-the-fly) then send that to my Mac and dump it into iMovie.

Honestly – it takes no more than 5-10 minutes.

1. MrBinks says:

We’ve all get the technology right there in our pockets, give it a try – you might surprise yourself 🙂

(All this love is going to make me big-headed you know!)

1. Anita says:

We see what our eyes what to see.
    We think what our minds believe.
    If others consider our gathering so, it’s their problem, not ours’! 🙂

2. msjadeli says:

p.s. Just listened to you read the story. If you don’t work for books-on-tape, you should! You sound like the guy who used to narrate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 🙂

1. MrBinks says:

Erm, no, I don’t do anything like that. Do I need to go find an agent?

Thanks for the kind comments. Glad you enjoyed it!

3. theministryofshrawleywalks says:

HA!! I saw bald heads too, I love the reference to camber sands (have you heard the reverend and the makers song champion of the world? theres a brilliant ref to Camber Sands on that. Great stuff, funny and pithy, just how it should be!

4. MrBinks says:

Glad you liked it. I haven’t heard that song, I’ll go check it out this morning!

EDIT – Oh, ha! Of course I’ve heard that song. It’s a classic! Just hadn’t noticed the reference before 😀

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )