The Interview

“…and so for as long as I can remember I’ve been in Spain, drinking in the sunshine and just enjoying life. Things are so much better when you can just let go, you know?
I mean, take Miguel, he looks chilled and cool but I’ve seen him after hours; the guy has serious issues. He needs to take a step back and just relax, you know? Just kick back and enjoy himself. Take some Miguel-time, you know?”

“Ah crap. Sorry, can you…”

“Que?”

“Sorry, we’re going to need to go again. MANUEL! BOOM MIC is in shot!”

“SANTA MARIA! MOTHER…”

janet-webbs-sangria

Submitted forΒ Friday FictioneersΒ photo prompt. See if you can write a piece of flash fiction in 100 words.

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

40 thoughts on “The Interview

1. Dear Mr. B,

Technical difficulties. Hate it when that happens. Nice one.

2. Sounds like they all need some more relaxing. πŸ™‚ Also, just for clarification, are there only two speakers here? I couldn’t tell if there were two or three.

Indeed they do.
      hmm, yeah I can appreciate there may be some confusion there. I wanted to keep it fast and frantic as well as hit 100 words (I take great pleasure in all my pieces being bang on 100) and breaking it up with “he said / she said” lost the pace.

3. Really good dialogue. I try to make it exactly 100 words too. I spent a lot of time counting and recounting.

4. Great take. I hadn’t even noticed the boom mic top left or whatever it is

5. Ha.. really good.. I got to think about Faulty Towers just by the name Manuel….

6. Take two I guess. Creative.

Time for take 2. πŸ™‚

8. Hannah says:

I liked the juxtaposition between the serious title and the funny interview taking place. Nicely done!

9. Ooh a scene within a scene, squeezed into 100 words, amazing brevity and a great story. Roll on next week I say!

10. Ah, the boom. Missed that. Great little story.

11. camgal says:

They really need to chill out lol πŸ™‚ creative and fast paced work, well done.

12. K.Z. says:

i like that you noticed that detail in the photo and wrote about it. very creative and humorous πŸ™‚

13. AnnIsikArts says:

I only got the story when somebody mentioned that there was a boom mic in the photo. Then, I don’t know what a boom mic looks like. I thought that thing was a SPICE SHAKER! You know, to add spice to the drink at the table? πŸ™‚

Hee-hee-hee! You never know when things are going to steal the moment. I have been there a few times when the mic goes crazy on the set myself.

15. Good story – the mic in the picture – I wonder what it is for? Great!

16. Love this line: “he looks chilled and cool but I’ve seen him after hours; the guy has serious issues”! It made me chuckle πŸ™‚

17. Linda Vernon says:

Oh that Miguel. I hear he’s always getting in the way! Make him wait outside! Great story!! πŸ˜€

18. This is like a scene out of a scene. Nicely done!
    I like being right on the nose with my word counts too. πŸ™‚

19. Ah yes, everyone needs some me-time. Going to be a lot of cussing around otherwise πŸ˜€

20. This was great! Loved it! πŸ™‚