Lights. Camera. Ugh!

It was said, that the demon of studio 18 only showed himself when the conditions were just right.

A perfect summer storm.
On a Tuesday.
Oh and there had to be at least two actresses named Mary.

The demon didn’t care for their silly conditions.
He was just particularly lazy.

At demon school, Dave would often replay movies in his head whilst the teacher took class. He never handed homework in correct or on time, instead choosing to while away his days watching TV.

It was no wonder, then, that his career advisor had given him a studio to terrorise.

studio-lights-from-kent

[I have a feeling a lot of people will go for this approach this week, but screw it, I can’t help myself when it comes to faces in places™.]

Submitted for Friday Fictioneers photo prompt. See if you can write a piece of flash fiction in 100 words.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , ,

55 thoughts on “Lights. Camera. Ugh!

1. Dear Mr. Binks,

Demon school? I didn’t know there’s a was a school for that? Interesting concept.

2. Like Rochelle I thought demon school? But a great take on the prompt.

I loved the idea of ‘demon school’. And there was me thinking it all came naturally… Nice one.

That’s the stuff of “studio legends” right there. We have a studio ghost that moves our cameras around if they aren’t secured to the floor. Really nice story. Has that “feel” of legend!

5. I saw the demon face in the pic too! I love this story… So funny, especially the ‘two people named Mary’. I’ve just changed my settings so I get email notifications for all your posts because you never fail to make me laugh!

6. Horus says:

Well I don’t think there would be too many writers thinking about Demon school at least! 🙂 nice work…

7. Demon school, that’s awesome. 🙂 He even sucks at being evil.

8. Demon school eh? Seems like the perfect place for the little devil.

9. I didn’t realize demons had to go to school to learn their “craft.” The amazing things one learns through FF. 🙂 If I had to be around a demon, Dave sounds like the one for me.

10. Weird – I only just saw the demon face after I read your story. Looking at the comments it seems lots of others didn’t see it either. Great idea for a story.

11. Love it! Have you ever read “The Screwtape Letters” by CS Lewis? You might enjoy it… 🙂

12. MrBinks says:

Thanks! Nope, can’t say I’ve read that. I’m actually very poorly read. Bad MrBinks. I’ll look it up.

13. Lovely! What a wonderful twist at the end!

Love the idea of a demon school, an anti Harry Potter in the offing perhaps 😉

15. Very creative and funny take on the prompt. I thought that looked like a face also. Demon school, another fact to jot down for future reference. Well done.

16. This was a great little tale. It reminded me of an episode of Supernatural in which a movie set was haunted. It’s also very interesting because I never knew demons were prone to procrastination!

17. What kind of SATs does it take to get into demon school?

18. Shandra says:

Demon School. Right On 🙂

19. I love the idea of a lazy demon, who just skated through demon school. Great job!

20. Lucy says:

I think I know that demon. He leaves dust all over my furniture. Good story. Lucy

21. He must be one happy demon 🙂 Luckier than most humans 🙂

22. Lovely story and his career adviser did him a big favour. What a lovely ‘life’ to lead.

23. mscwhite says:

I really like the quirkiness of the conditions that have to exist before the demon deigns to make an appearance! Great story!

24. An enjoyable read, there’s one like that in every demon school but they all find their niche sooner of later 🙂

25. elappleby says:

Love Demon School! And lazy Dave 🙂

26. Haha nice story! Made me laugh 🙂

27. Ade Branwell says:

Great story! I love the demon school and the detail you give it. Oh, and Dave is the best Demon name ever 🙂

28. MrBinks says: