Bullocks

Every third Thursday, the town of Bullscock began its two week long festivities. A celebration of all things Spanish in honour of the town’s founder, Norman Crackers.

History tells us that Norman once visited Spain for a 2 week getaway and really enjoyed it. He drank Sangria, danced the flamenco, and ate paella. The paella had given him a dodgy tummy, but he insisted that he’d give it another go.

On his return, Norman had brought with him a pot of bull testicles. An odd parting gift, but one that was to shape the economical growth of the town forever.

dee-2

Submitted forΒ Friday FictioneersΒ photo prompt. See if you can write a piece of flash fiction in 100 words.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , ,

44 thoughts on “Bullocks

1. MrBinks says:

…. yeah, I don’t know either. Odd boy.

2. Dear Mr. Binks,

I shudder at the shape of things to come. Funny.

3. Hala J. says:

This was pretty unique, to say the least! Norman’s quite a character. Seems that these townsfolk are celebrating Spain more than Spain ever did. (And I don’t even want to think about the bull testicles…*shudder*)

4. So, what do these two weeks of festivities entail? Actually, don’t tell me. πŸ™‚

5. Another laugh out loud moment from me. Even the name ‘Norman Crackers’ makes me laugh… great little take on the prompt.

6. ContactRida says:

bull testicles! love it:)

Norman Crackers is a wonderful name. Bull testicles just about the most repellent of aphrodisiacs I should think. A truly original take on the prompt.

8. Funny! πŸ™‚ What a crazy town. That was different to say the least but I laughed out loud. πŸ™‚ I clicked on the link to your other story and it “”was” silly, but funny. πŸ™‚

9. I cross my legs to such behaviors …

10. This reminds me of a joke whose punchline is: “Yes, but today, senor, the bull WON”.

11. Judah First says:

Nice job. Way to end the festivities! lol

12. Aww, heck, they’ve been doing Rocky Mountain Oysters in Colorado and out west for years. πŸ™‚ I think “give it another go” is my favorite line. It had already given him quite a go.

Having tasted Bulls testicles, albeit unknowingly, thank you Norman πŸ™‚

14. This is the funniest (and most bizarre) story I’ve read this week, Mr Binks. Congratulations!

15. El Guapo says:

Nothing tastes better than the original.
    I’d love to know what the town’s tourism brochures look like…

16. Great fun. A true and adventurous gourmet. (Goes really well with rocket salad).

17. Bollocks! πŸ˜€

Great story, loved the way you strung it together.

18. They certainly have some strange festivals in Spain but that takes the biscuit … or whatever you’re having yourself!

19. First with your story this week, Mr. Binks– You’re really on the “ball!” πŸ˜‰

20. Liz Young says:

What a load of bullocks!

21. I can’t decide whether or not I want to visit Bullscock or avoid it at all costs. Then again, I hear that Rocky Mountain Oysters are quite a treat! Fascinating story!

22. rheath40 says:

Love this story, but I would shy away from the bull testicles. I’m adventurous, but not too much when it comes to food.

What a lighthearted and enjoyable romp. I can see you had lots of fun with the prompt this week.

Cheers!