Last Night Of Freedom

Kevin the wolf was getting married.

He’d told his best wolf, Jim, that he didn’t want an over-the-top bachelor party but Jim, being Jim, hadn’t listened.

Eight pints and five shots later, here they all were in full fancy dress attempting to grab a late night bite on the way home. Barry had suggested a curry, Colin wanted a kebab but Jim, being Jim, had something else in mind.

He opened the gate he’d been leaning against, and out poured a waterfall of wool-on-legs. “The wool-ter’s lovely,” he bellowed, as the flock merged with the pack, “dive on in, lads!”

– – – – – – –

If you enjoyed this, why not read 100 other stories from writers around the world all contributing to Friday Fictioneers. If you can’t get enough of them, why not check out another 52 one hundred word stories in my collection, People Watching.

sheep-and-car

Peope Watching Cover

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

42 thoughts on “Last Night Of Freedom

1. Dear Peter

Sounds like quite a bachelor party. You’ve made me hungry for Greek food now.

Good story and I really liked it! Cute! Nan 🙂

3. karin says:

Not so much a late night more an early morning!

4. high five and raspberries says:

That Jim ! He’s the best, bestman ever!

Hilarious! 🙂

6. That’s quite the wolf buffet there. 🙂 This is really funny stuff.

7. katherine says:

Enjoyed it lots! Awesome work 🙂 Do you want to participate in a short story contest? Check out this-http://www.tallenge.com/contest/literaturestorycontest.html
    Viewers from all over the world. Chance to win $100. And there is no entry fee.

Thanks – and cheers for the link, I’ll check it out. Is it something you’re running or taking part in?

Ah, you appear to be a scammer. Ta ta.

• Katherine says:

Hey sorry for the late reply. But Tallenge is a genuine platform, you can check out the story entries on the page I have sent. The contest is ongoing and closes on May 22. You can participate or read and review some of the stories there. Also you can vote for stories you like.

8. Ah, to be young and ravenous….

9. This is fun. I like the repeat of Jim, being Jim

10. Unless you’re a wolf, I’d say that’s a good place to stay away from. Humorous and well written. XD —Susan

11. kingsleycw13 says:

Om nom nom indeed – ewe did a great job, love it!

12. Jan Brown says:

Groannn! But a gyros sandwich does sound nice 🙂

13. Ah those wolves in fancy dress – I hope Jim doesn’t end up getting them all arrested the night before the wedding 😉

14. I love the concept of a ‘best wolf’ 🙂 And I too need to eat lamb now! 🙂

15. ContactRida says:

too baaaaahd for the sheep:) great take!

Gosh, Mister B.! Hilarious! In fact, my story has a main character getting married named … Kevin, too! Going to be a great week. Fun!

17. Ade Branwell says:

This is great, very funny. I loved the fact he had “best wolf” – but then why wouldnt he?

18. Baaaa-ha-ha! What an awesome take on the prompt.

19. elappleby says:

The wool-ter, really, Mr Binks??? Tsk tsk. I am amused and distressed in equal measures 🙂

It figures that wolves would weigh heavily in stories this week. I particularly enjoyed your wolf’s stag weekend. Fun stuff!