Orangey

“You said they were white,” Vic said.“They are,” replied Andy. “It’s just that, well, the sun – it’s making them look a bit different.”

“The sun?”

“Yeah, the sun. It’s making them look a bit…”

“Orangey?”

“Yeah. Orangey.”

There was a brief silence as they both digested the science of it all.

“Like one of those T shirts?” asked Vic.

“Eh?”

“Those T shirts. The ones that changed colour when they got hot. I bet they’re made of the same stuff. Mine was blue at first, but I’d worn it so much that I always used to have orangey pits.”
– –

I’ve missed Friday Fictioneers, but with my time being focused on a new job and looking after my little ones it’s been tough to give it the time of day. But hey, I can’t stay away forever!

Great pic from Sandra, and I hope to read a whole bunch of stories this week.

14 thoughts on “Orangey

Welcome back. The image of the orangey pits makes me cringe. Nicely done.

I used to work with someone similarly afflicted. 😦 I think I can say that this might be a unique take on this week’s prompt, so full marks for originality. 😉

3. Very original, good thing we can’t smell the stories…yet!

4. jellico84 says:

Interesting… mood shirts. That could be really weird, especially if everyone in an office wore them. At least, you’d know who to avoid. LOL! Loved this write!

5. ceayr says:

It is great how stupidity can be so funny.
    Love it.

6. micklively says:

Red sky at night,
    Turkish delight,
    Red sky in the morning,
    Shepherd’s pie.

7. Ha.. yes I think I have never had a t-shirt that long…

8. liz young says:

A lovely snippet of inconsequential chat that rings really true.

9. I can remember having one of those t’shirts, oh the woes of the heated pits.

10. Mood shirts and orangey pits. Many smiles after reading this piece. 🙂

11. gahlearner says:

This is too funny, and the comments make it even funnier. Great take…

12. rogershipp says:

Such a depth of scientific understanding. Well done!

13. Welcome back, Peter. Humorous story. I think I’d stop wearing a shirt with dye that came off on my skin. You never know what’s in stuff these days. Creative use of the prompt. Well done. 😀 — Suzanne