Alfredo’s Bistro

Becoming a chef and owning his own bistro was something Alfredo had always dreamt of. What he lacked in experience he more than made up for in passion. He knew he would have to wing it, and if there were bad reviews he’d just bat them away.

Specialising in Italian food, Alfredo’s soon became THE place to visit if you fancied a bite. His mushroom carbonara was divine, and better yet, the lasagna was to die for.

So if you’re in town, do yourself a bloody favour and head to Alfredo’s.

Just don’t ask for a side of garlic bread.

This flash fiction/short story, call it what you will, was written for Friday Fictioneers.

Thanks to Rochelle as ever for hosting, and Todd Foltz for this week’s photo prompt. Click here to read this week’s stories from other writers around the world.

(Apologies if this is a bit messy this week, I’m attempting to do all this from an iPad rather than a laptop – if it works it opens up some great creative possibilities!)

13 responses to “Alfredo’s Bistro”

I love listening to you tell your stories. No garlic bread? Do I detect a hint of vampire with that pasta?

Thanks as always. I’d neglected to make time to do this in the last few weeks and really missed it.

I couldn’t have fit more vampire puns in these 100 words if I’d tried (and try I did).

2. Sue says:

Sounds like a divinely delish place to dine!🧛🏻 Loved your reading of the story 😊

3. So much fun!!!! Thank you!

4. Dora says:

The puns were delicious 🙂 And no I won’t order garlic bread at Alfredo’s … or a steak 😉

5. Dale says:

As far as vampire stories go… I love the punny way you went about it.

6. Iain Kelly says:

Subtle lacing of suspicion through the piece. Excellent stuff 🙂

7. Fangs for giving me my first chuckle of the day! Brilliant.

Here’s mine!

And be sure not to stay overnight, I think.

9. granonine says:

If you fancied a bite”. “to die for” “bloody ” I think there’s a pattern here 🙂

10. Well, I’d like to order a bloody Mary, myself.

11. Ha ha – nice story – not least because one of my favourite Italian restaurant’s in North London is called Alfredo’s! 🙂

Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

Don’t be shy, leave a reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )