The bathroom

Geoffrey stood squinting through the fog. The ground beneath him was getting softer, so he knew the river must be close by.

Not being able to see his feet wasn’t new to Geoff. Being a giant meant that there was almost a mile between his toes and his smile.

He fumbled through his pocket and pulled out a torch. The light oozed through the pea soup, leading the way. “A morning bath really shouldn’t be this difficult”, he grumbled to himself. “I bet if I wasn’t a giant I wouldn’t have to wait for the bloody bathroom in the morning.”

copyright-erin-leary

Submitted for Friday Fictioneers photo prompt. See if you can write a piece of flash fiction in 100 words.

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

26 thoughts on “The bathroom

1. claireful says:

Fantastic! Great idea and lovely writing. I especially like the light oozing through the pea soup. Wonderful

2. atrm61 says:

Poor Geoffrey!Not easy being a giant-sigh!Loved this cute take on the prompt:-)

3. elmowrites says:

Aww, poor Geoffrey. I loved the line “between his toes and his smile” and I think I’d have left that on its own, saving the reveal of the word “giant” for the final line. I also loved how you described the ground under his feet getting softer – that was a really good way of putting me right there with him.

I did want the reveal a little bit later but I also wanted people on board with me. Was a tough one to juggle.

Thanks for leaving a comment! 🙂

I loved the line “Being a giant meant that there was almost a mile between his toes and his smile.” Gave me a smile on a wet and grey day 😉

That sooo fitted the photo!

6. Geoffrey is indeed a likable giant.

7. An original story I really enjoyed.

8. A gentle giant. What a nice story – Thanks! Nan

9. Sometimes I wonder what lives in the minds of some writers. Seeing a torch wielding giant going to the bathroom is so beautifully inventive. You really need to write a children’s story.

A mix of coffee, lack of sleep, too many movies & video games. Oh and a slightly unhinged sense of right and wrong.

Write!

10. Dear Mr. B.

I couldn’t help but picture Andre the Giant. Love the mile between his toes and his smile. Well done.

11. Adam Ickes says:

I would think being that size he could have a bath whenever he wanted. Not much could stop him.

12. liz young says:

That was great – a mile between his toes and his smile – Love it!

13. Love it. Even giants have bathroom issues!

14. hugmamma says:

A loveable giant…a loveable story.

15. erinleary says:

Fun story – I liked your giant!