Over the hill

The 7th was a par 5. A long par 5 at that. If they’d let you have a par 6 it would have been a par 6.

Anyway, I teed off and hit a lovely ol’ shot. Straight down the fairway. Geoff followed. Landed in the rough about 45 yards from me.

No change there.

Shot 2 just about got us both over the hill. It was a real blind shot. The crest was such that you always have to wait for the bell to ring before you play.

Someone should have told the jokers behind us.

Poor old Geoff.

david-stewart

Submitted for Friday Fictioneers photo prompt. See if you can write a piece of flash fiction in 100 words.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , ,

56 thoughts on “Over the hill

1. D’oh, poor Geoff. Can they write it down as a hole-in-one-poor-sucker?

2. I think I know those jokers! 😉

3. Dear Mr. B.

Your story almost had coffee coming out my nose. When will I learn? Cute story. I enjoyed it.

4. I always golf was deceptively safe, until a golf ball shattered the window. Great story!

5. claireful says:

Lovely writing. I really like how you haven’t told us what happened, but we know.

6. Well-written and very funny. I laughed out loud. It wasn’t so funny for Geoff though.

7. K.Z. says:

lol oh, poor Geoff, i probably shouldn’t laugh but LOL 🙂

8. The perfect start to my reading day. “Fore!”

Got his bell rung, all right …

10. atrm61 says:

Don’t play golf ,nor do I know anything about it but got the cool twist nevertheless 😀

11. Is it true that the souls of dead golfers live on in Albatrosses?

12. I love stories with unexpected endings, Mr Binks. Great!

I’m pleased you liked it. I do hope you’ll flick through some of my other ramblings. They go well with coffee and a biscuit.

13. “rinnngg my beeelllllll…ring my bell….ooo ooo” Sorry! I just couldn’t resist!! Great story! 😉

Fun and funny. Poor Geoff indeed.

15. Something tells me I’m missing a golf joke….

16. Bryan Ens says:

Oops. Those blind shots can really be a killer! (yes, that pun was intended) 🙂

17. JackieP says:

That made me laugh. Good one!

18. Jan Brown says:

Oh! Ouch! Poor, hapless Geoff. Does he have a hard head to withstand the shot???

Good story – Golf with Geoff and a Giant Headache!

20. Ouch I don’t know much about golf but those balls are hard. Good story.

21. Sara Healy says:

I love it when a post makes me laugh so loudly, my cat runs from the room. As my husband plays golf, I definitely appreciated the humor in this short-short. What fun. There’s nothing better than a well written story that make you laugh:~)

22. camgal says:

Poor Mr. Geoff, cute story Mr. Binks. I could not help but smile as I read it 🙂 My brother and I have even tried teaching my Mum how to play golf so I was able to value the humour.

23. hugmamma says:

A tightly written story. Love it! Not being a golfer however, I think I missed the punch line. 😦

24. That was clever. Nicely written.

25. I love the simplicity of this piece, that is humorous and clever at the same time. Really well played, Mr Binks.

Thank you. I do try to keep it simple. Coz you know… my brain and stuff.

• It’s not always easy to write something that is clean and simple, without feeling like you have to explain or throw out too many details, but still tells such a great story. I love that! Seems like your brain… and stuff… works really well. 😉

26. Ade Branwell says:

Great opening paragraph and a really oblique take on the prompt. Loved it!

27. MrBinks says:

Thanks for the comment, I like to wear my stories at a jaunty angle.

28. Poor Geoff! What a pity we’re all laughing at his plight though 😀