Stag

Gerald peered through fuzzy eyes. His head was pounding, and he had no idea who had taken his shoes. As last nights of freedom go, this had clearly been a belter.

He stood up, rubbed his peepers and took stock of his surroundings. He was definitely on a mountain. How the bloody-buggery-bollocks had he ended up at the top of a mountain?

Gerald’s tummy gently rumbled. He held it, remembering the kebab from a few hours ago. His tummy rumbled again; except this time, louder. Longer. Deeper.

It was only now that Gerald realised just how warm his feet were.

lengai_summit_from_crater-danny-bowman

Submitted forΒ Friday FictioneersΒ photo prompt. See if you can write a piece of flash fiction in 100 words.

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

62 thoughts on “Stag

1. Dear Mr. Binks,

That must’ve been some night. Bachelor party? And I don’t even want to know why his feet were warm. Bloody-buggery-bullocks…now that would be hard to say three times fast.

2. Ha! Funny ending… a great little story.

3. Love this. The morning after the night before. Been there. Well not there exactly. I never burned my feet in a volcano.

4. […] Love this so much. Who hasn’t had a morning after the night before? https://meyoucoffee.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/stag/ […]

5. Dee says:

I love this. Poor Gerald, does he get down? We need a sequel I think, still chuckling at the bloody-buggery-bollocks haven’t heard that trio for quite a while!!
    Well done
    Dee

6. Hmmm, sounds as though maybe it’s not his tummy rumbling. That must have been quite the party!

7. Adam Ickes says:

That must have been some night! Is this the script for the newest Hangover movie? What are they on now, like 85?

8. What are friends if they don’t leave you in some near-death situation on your stag night.

9. Hala J. says:

Now that’s a stag night to remember! Or forget, in this case, depending on how much alcohol was consumed the night before. I’m guessing the heat was because he’s a little close to a volcano? ‘Cause what’s a stag night if it doesn’t go off with a big bang?

10. I really liked this story, and I understand that he was at a stag party, but the title seems lacking a bit. Great tale, though.

A night to remember, or maybe not. Nice one.

12. paulmclem says:

I lol’d. Which is good.

Ha Ha good one, and I know what you mean about the longer hangovers, it’s now all weekend to recover πŸ˜‰

14. Hockey smokes. I can feel it now. And it ain’t good.

15. Good story. Well written. I think I’d get out of that location in a hurry if it was rumbling and hot under my feet. His friends have a weird sense of humor if they left him there.

16. I thought the earth was supposed to move for him after the wedding not the stag party. I love this story, Mr Binks.

17. Me thinks he’s in trouble now. This sounds like the plot of The Hangover 5: party on Mt. St. Helens. πŸ™‚

Hangover 6? Really good and funny. Thanks for the read. Nan

19. That must have been a real party. Hot feet – time to go!

20. I’ve had a 13 year hangover from my wedding….but that’s a different tale. Gerald needs new friends, or insurance, or something. A cracking read with good in-context swearing. Lovely.

21. Oops, looks like Gerald is royally screwed! Atleast he got to have kebabs as his (hopefully not!) last meal πŸ˜€

22. ah.. better run from the kebab eruption…

23. DCTdesigns says:

Yikes! That was some party. If he gets down I bet he’ll just do it again. Hope he’s not the groom and late for his wedding. That would just be bad news.

24. Jan Brown says:

Uh. Oh. That rumbling…not his tummy!

Good story πŸ™‚

25. JudahFirst says:

Yeah, waking up in that wilderness spot … a bit daunting! The feet warm thing at the end really got me. Nice.

26. Bloody buggery bollocks. Very amusing phrase.

27. Mike says:

That was one hell of a night out and it looks like the day is going to be interesting as well! Loved the last line.

28. Taking stag pranks to a whole new level. Poor Gerald!
    Great read πŸ™‚

This is a fine story. Poor guy must have had quite a night. I wonder, was the bride-to-be in on the hijinks that landed him here?

Cheers!

30. Sun says:

had some fun but now comes the payback. ouch. i enjoyed your story.

31. Great story! We’ve all been there one way or another πŸ™‚