Get a man in

I’d been on at him for years about that wiring.

He said I was moaning, that he’d had enough of it at work all day and that when he came home all I did was nag. I wasn’t nagging. I didn’t think so anyway. I just wanted it fixed. It was an accident waiting to happen. He knows that now of course.

I got a man in, in the end. All done within 20 minutes. He said that if I’d left it much longer there was a chance someone would electrocute themselves.

I didn’t have the heart to tell him.

Great photo this week from Ted Strutz, I do hope this little tale does it justice. Thanks to Rochelle, as always, for hosting and for all your feedback and love. I’m looking forward to reading what you have in store.

on-on-off

Tagged , , , , , , ,

17 thoughts on “Get a man in

1. BrainRants says:

The wise man knows which nags to pay attention to. Nice job.

2. Clever wording – in the end. I hope it was a true accident and not, er …. .

3. There are solutions to everything and like Patrick I start to speculate.

4. Nortina S. says:

I like the ambiguity…And the title makes it sound so scandalous!;)

5. I guess the fix came too late for the husband? That’s the danger of procrastination, at least with electrical matters. Great story.
    -David

6. calipatti says:

Loved it, loved her attitude.

An enigmatic voice here; left me wondering how much of a hand she’d had in it. Nicely done.

Enjoyable story. I like her and her opinion! She was great! Nan 🙂

9. 20 minutes! Ah, listen to the nag and just get it done before . . . Well, we all know what happened. Maybe just not HOW it happened. Good tale.

10. Why the heck not!? Maybe he would listen to you next time. (Just kidding) Loved it!!

11. Sheila says:

Loved this. Well written. Men should probably pay attention to those “nagging wives.”

12. Liz Young says:

Nice one – on a smilar theme to mine!

Guess he should’ve paid better attention. Sounds like it came back to shock him in the end.

Nice.

14. yarnspinnerr says:

I loved it for all that is left unsaid. 🙂

15. Margaret says:

Moaning for years? That’s a long time to have to moan. And with a such an easy fix to hand. Very intriguing story.

16. Great pay-off. I admit I missed the significance at first but well worth it when it sank in.