“Do a barrel roll”

It had long been a dream of Ted’s to barrel roll over the edge of Niagara Falls.

He’d never been much of a daredevil per se, yet this act of rebellion had excited him ever since he’d caught a TV Movie of the Week in 1974; The Great Niagara.

It had been done before though, and this was a problem. Ted wasn’t keen on leaving behind a legacy as “the clichéd old fool”.

It was a cold Sunday morning in February when Ted stumbled upon his single greatest idea. Or, to be more precise, Ted tripped over his kitchen chair.

Here’s a little 100-worder for Friday Fictioneers, hosted by Rochelle. Please feel free to comment, critique, like or subscribe for more!

Thanks for the kind words last week, folks. Apologies if I didn’t get to your stories, I’ll make a much bigger effort this week I promise!

Oh, and don’t forget to check out the other stories based on this picture.

mystery-chair-ted-strutz.jpg

Tagged , , , , ,

25 thoughts on ““Do a barrel roll”

1. neilmacdon says:

What fun! I can’t help thinking a barrel would have been safer.

2. Iain Kelly says:

Excellent! I can see him now, strapped to the chair, hurtling towards the edge… Great fun 🙂

3. Haha perfect!! Ted’s giving me a few LOL moments this week…

Ted’s in for a wild ride. Hope that kitchen chair has seat belts. Fun!

5. Rowena says:

This made me laugh and cry all at once. Here’s to a real individual!
    xx Rowena

6. Tripping over the chair was more of an omen to me than an idea! I hope he made it!

He seems to have already parted company with his vehicle of choice. 🙂

8. jellico84 says:

Oh, this was hilarious. A chair… over Niagra… oh, the very definition of ‘idiot in action’. Loved it! 🙂 ❤

9. Mike says:

This is not going to end all! I enjoyed this story.

10. Mike says:

I guess he strapped a barrel to each side of his chair, but forgot to tie off the knots. It seems the chair survived but as for him? A fun take – I enjoyed it.

11. Geez. Now there’s a twist. Well done.

12. Dale says:

That definitely cannot end well… but leaves us in stitches!

13. Michael Wynn says:

Well good luck with that, I can’t see it ending well, I think his next seat could be a cloud.

14. Yoiks! A bad idea at best. Fun story.

15. Life Lessons of a Dog Lover says:

I agree this was great fun. Well done.

16. Oh my goodness! I don’t think it will go well!

As they say, “It’s only a movie.” Funny ending, Mr. B.

18. It doesn’t bode well for Ted, but hey, at least he can rest assured that he won’t be remembered as a cliché!

19. tedstrutz says:

I love it, of course!

20. Did Ted and his Chair survive the ride? Fun story, I enjoyed it :-).

21. subroto says:

Obviously the chair survived, not so certain about Ted. Nice one.

22. The best ideas are the crazy ideas. If Ted survives to tell the tale, that is. 🙂

23. Tamal says:

That was hillarious.

24. Cruel but great fun. Splash.

25. Minus the “clichéd”, legacy intact.